"The strength of knowledge emerges in sharing and expands in humanity"
“The Conveyors of Knowledge” (“Les Militants des Savoirs”) is an association which aims to contribute to popular education and open up academic knowledge to the urgent needs of the population. The association was created 10 years ago by 3 academics, and has always been committed to the Anna Lindh Foundation for Peace and Culture in the Mediterranean. In response to the needs of society, we gradually developed tools to prevent digital violence and radicalization. For the past 6 years, we have worked hand in hand with the UNESCO Chair for the Prevention of Radicalization and Violent Extremism, elaborating training programs, audit tools and educational tools in order to closely assist local actors.
This popular education association was created 12 years ago to promote all forms of knowledge dissemination for the benefit of the people and to tackle all forms of extremism. We work on a daily basis to educate families, citizens and young people about the risks of radicalization and violent action.
We wish to promote the values of the Republic, educate about fraternity and peace, and tackle radicalization leading to violence and terrorism. To do so, we engage with various actors: citizens, professionals, academics, researchers and political stakeholders and policy makers. The association works with teachers, educators, political leaders and young people to promote action-based and artistic education.
The principles of the association
Our association aims to support or manage local, regional, national or international projects which promote new forms of mediation or skill acquisition, and enable young people to appropriate the values of the republic and to tackle extremism.
- Our practical interventions aim to disseminate academic and basic knowledge by organising events and creating resources and initiatives.- We offer human, logistical and financial support, to promote the emergence of knowledge.
- We promote active citizenship, both sharing and acquiring knowledge through mutual civic exchange, we work with at-risk youth and with professionals to promote the dissemination of knowledge and culture to advocate peace and respect.
- We conduct counter-discourse workshops with youth in the Paris suburbs. We have also created a video called "Hélène" to illustrate the recruitment processes which are currently being validated by the Paris Police Headquarters.
- We conduct interventions based on the values of the Republic and active citizenship with secondary school students. We create YouTube content on the subject of online fraternity, to raise awareness among very young children about the process of radicalization. We are about to pilot a new animated video with young audiences.
- We hosted an Educ'Lab with young people on the subject of social media recruitment. We created three cartoons called "Sarah", "Citra" and "Adam". This project was conducted in cooperation with the association "Save Belgium" and the association of Research and Action on Violent Radical Counter-discourse.